Important Questions to Ask When Hiring for Commercial Construction in Connecticut
Commercial construction companies are the ones that you turn to when your building needs work. When you’re choosing a company for commercial construction in Connecticut, it’s important to make sure that you’re getting the right fit. Here are some questions to ask before you jump into the process:
- How long have they been in business? If they’re new, they might not be as experienced as other companies and could end up costing you more money in the long run.
- Do they have any certifications or licenses? This is especially important if you’re planning on hiring them for an ongoing relationship. You don’t want someone who doesn’t have any training or experience working with your type of building materials or design elements!
- What kind of insurance do they carry? This is an especially important question if there’s anything else involved in doing business with them–like liability insurance or workers’ compensation coverage–that wasn’t included during contract negotiations.
- What Is their payment schedule? It is essential to understand the contractor’s billing process for a particular project. Discuss what you will require from them in order to make a payment – such as a Certificate of Occupancy – and write it into the contract.
- How are they with safety? You want a company that takes safety seriously. Workplace injuries slow things down.
If you’re interested in exploring a commercial building opportunity, reach out to one of the area’s most respected construction companies in Connecticut, Constitution Construction!